Wednesday 2 February 2011

Costume: Make Up Test Run

Our actress will need to look battered and bruised, for this we are going to use make up. To make sure that it doesn't look amateur I have carried out some research and a test run to find out how to do this. As the only girl in our group, it was my job to find out how to make the bruises, and as none of the lads were willing to let me put make up on them, I had to use myself as a model to test it too.

I started by going onto YouTube and finding tutorials for how to create a realistic looking bruise with make up. I found two videos which helped me and I have uploaded them below. The first one was the most useful, however I have also included some of the tips from the second.






After watching these videos I decided to have a go myself. I used mostly the technique from the first video, however I swapped the colour choice of eyeshadow from blue to dark purple. The picture on the left is my attempt. Please excuse my expression, however I didn't think I'd be smiling if I actually did look like this! I plan to perhaps add some yellow and/or green to make the bruise look a bit older. I feel this shouldn't be too difficult as now I have the basic skills I can now just change the colours which I use.

No comments:

Post a Comment