Wednesday 6 April 2011

Evaluation Question One

In what way does your media product, use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?


Below I have posted two grids; one contains the conventions that my groups and I have used, developed and challenged in our film, the other contains conventions that are in existing films.

Pictures 1-3 on the grid represent conventions used. Pictures 4-6 on the grid represent conventions developed. Pictures 7-9 represent conventions challenged.


Conventions from existing thrillers:




Conventions from our thriller:



Below, I have explained what convention is shown by each picture in the grid:  

1. The colour red to represent violence
2. Female as victim
3. Action taking place at night in eery setting
4. Victim/killer as mentally unstable
5. Element of mystery is included
6. The end of the film as the start
7. Female as killer as opposed to a male
8. Male as victim as opposed to it being a female
9. Protagonist is also antagonist


In the video below my group and I further explain the thriller conventions in our film.

No comments:

Post a Comment